The Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) is a program designed to help qualified homeowners take advantage of today’s low interest rates even when their property values have declined since they purchased their home and they owe more than the property is worth.
UPDATED, August 25, 2016: The HARP program expires September 30, 2017.
Did you know that there are over 300,000 HARP eligible loans in the United States?
Click here to view a breakdown by location.
Does your client meet the basic requirements?
- Your Client is current on their mortgage without any 30-day+ late payments in the last six months and no more than one in the past year.
- Your Client’s home is their primary residence, a 1-unit second home or a 1-to 4-unit investment property.
- Your Client’s loan is owned by Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae.
- Your Client’s loan was originated on or before May 31, 2009.
- Your Client’s loan-to-value (LTV) ratio must be greater than 80%. Calculate their LTV with this tool.
Get Social via #HARPNow
The Federal Housing Finance Administration (FHFA) launched a social media campaign earlier this year to engage borrowers as well as mortgage professionals involved in the home buying process. Stay up to date with the latest HARP news by following the hashtag below.